The Best of the Bozeman Police Reports
Author: Tim Iacono
Byline: The Mess That Greenspan Made -- I am a retired software engineer and, in addition to writing this blog, I am also the founder of the investment website Iacono Research and the author of a weekly newsletter that focuses on investing in natural resources.
Editor note: They're back ...
Number of Views: 1654
It’s been a few weeks, but here are some of the recent highlights from the Bozeman Daily Chronicle Police Reports page along with some items submitted by the Sheriff’s Office.
There’s the usual drunk and disorderly fare this week but the inadvertent 911 calls have virtually stopped and the wildlife reports have slowed to a trickle, most animals apparently either hibernating of staying indoors. But, there has been a remarkable rise in “bird flipping” incidents and the normally quiet area of Big Sky – a rather large ski area about 45 minutes south of here but still in the county – has produced a number of matters for law enforcement to investigate at the peak of ski season.
- A man drove off from a gas station on Valley Commons Drive around noon without paying for $50 worth of gas. The caller didn’t think it was intentional and the man returned to pay.
- A group of teenagers hanging around a construction site on West Lamme Street around noon weren’t doing anything; they were just hanging around.
- Someone drove into a driveway on Rocky Mountain Road during the night and fired off about 10 rounds.
- Three intoxicated men were “flipping the bird” to passing vehicles on Tracy Ave. at 1 a.m.
- Several loud parties were reported at the Huntley Lodge at Big Sky Resort at 2:40 a.m.
- An intoxicated man attempted to punch a bouncer at Whiskey Jacks at Big Sky Resort after getting kicked out around 2 a.m.
- A snowmobiler had to be rescued from Madison Loop Arm at 1 p.m.
- A female snowmobiler had to be rescued from Buck Ridge after falling off her sled and possibly breaking her back.
- A husky was attacking other dogs at the trailhead of Cottonwood Canyon.
- Someone cut the tail off of a man’s horse on Cameron Bridge Road.
- A pizza delivery driver’s vehicle was stolen while he was delivering to Summit Hotel at Big Sky Resort at 8 p.m. He found the vehicle soon after in a nearby location.
- A deputy located an assault suspect from Big Sky. The suspect had attempted to make a U-turn and drove into a ditch, where he was stopped. He was charged with Driving Under the Influence of alcohol.
- A caller reported a male driver swerving all over North 19th Avenue around 2:30 p.m. likely because he was “reading a paperback novel” while driving.
- A white-haired man cut off a driver on North Seventh Avenue around 12:30 p.m. and then flipped the driver off.
- The driver of a pickup truck drove over several stop signs and street posts along Durston Road around 2:15 a.m. The truck was impounded and police are investigating.
- A man was tailgating and flipping off another driver on College Street around 4 p.m.
- A woman wanted to know if someone had “turned her in” for stealing a saw she’d borrowed from a friend.
You Must be Registered to Post